|Membership||Emily De Scenza|
|Chaplain||Rev. Patrick J. Kuffner|
Members gather on the first Monday of each month from September to June for group recitation of the Rosary, with Benediction. This is followed by a formal meeting with interesting programs, socializing, and refreshments. All are invited to pray the Rosary whenever possible, and to attend these monthly prayer gatherings. In addition, the Society is always looking for more good women, young and old, single and married, to join as members. Why not attend one (or all) of our meetings to experience what we are all about? For further information, please contact the Parish Office: 732-356-2149.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Our Lady of Mount Virgin Altar Rosary Society By-Laws
Responsibilities of the Members:
- Receive Corporate Communion on the first Sunday of the month at the 8 AM Mass
- Recite 15 decades of the Rosary once a week
Society's Obligations to Membership:
- Send get-well cards to sick members
- At the wake of a deceased member or their family: present a rose; recite a decade of the Rosary
- Attend, if able, the Funeral Mass of deceased members;a Mass card or Altar Candle will also be bought for the deceased
- An Annual Memorial Mass offered once a year for all deceased members
Organization of the Society:
- Select new officers every two years; Vice President becomes President after the President has served two years or if the President vacates the office
- Membership dues are $5 per year for all members, active or inactive; dues and all monies are deposited in the Altar Rosary Account
- Meetings are held monthly from September to June on the first Monday of the month, except for September and December dates which are announced. Refreshments are provided by sectional groups responsible on various months
Altar Rosary Memories:
- First President: Elsie Smith and First Saristan: Dot Eganey Our Lady's statue made by: Carol Dirato, then President Living Rosary held every June
- Evenings of Recollection made at: White Sisters (Piscataway);St. Joseph's Shrine (Stirling);St. Joseph's Villa (Peapack)
- Pilgrimages made to: Mother Seton Shrine (NY); Immaculate Conception Shrine (DC); Eucharistic Congress (Philadelphia); Pope John Paul II's Mass (Meadowlands); Blue Army Shrine (Asbury)
- Trips to: Passion Play (Union City); Sight & Sound Theatre (Lancaster); Radio City Christmas Show (NYC); Shopping and fun in Reading,PA; Atlantic City and Smithville, NJ.
- Rosarians' gifts to parish: Altar cloths, Eucharistic Supplies, Surplus and Cassocks, Altar candles, Bench plaque, Bushes for BVM Shrine, Podium Rosarians joined with other parishioners: Baking and Serving Receptions, Dinners, and Showers; Penny Sales and Fashion Shows; Square Dances and Card Parties; Luau's and Cake Sales; Parish Cook Book and Flower Sales