Sister James Xavier Landi, SSJ, Coordinator, 732-609-1091
Rev. Patrick Kuffner, Moderator
The members of our parish LAZARUS MINISTRY are grouped into four teams each reaching out, in a special way, to meet the needs of those who have lost a loved one.
- FIRST RESPONSE TEAM
- Offers sympathy and help to the family and enables participation of family members as fully as possible in the funeral liturgy
- FUNERAL DAY TEAM
- Lends support at the funeral, welcoming family and friends, and helping in other ways, as needed.
- The Martha's Table Ministry also offers food and/or a memorial flower to the families as needed or desired.
- FOLLOW-UP TEAM
- Provides ongoing support to the family with phone calls, cards, letters throughout the year following the funeral.
- A Bereavement Program offers support periodically through the year for those suffering from a recent loss of a loved one.
- Please call Monique (732-356-9001) for further information about upcoming programs.
- The Naomi Tea Widows' Gathering meets on Sunday afternoons three times a year offering social support to our widows.
- Please call Sr. James if you are not already on our Naomi Tea mailing list.
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Has the responsibility to support members of the ministry with training and education, and to promote new membership.